After suffering through connectivity issues, unsatisfactory response times and unexpected costs following their transition to the cloud in 2013, Directions ACT wanted to return to a locally-hosted, onsite network infrastructure.
- A network catering to any device; desktop, mobile and thin clients
- VPN for secure and reliable connectivity by remote staff
- Local service desk with staff able to log IT requests, with onsite hardware and configuration support provided by CentreRED
- Easy scalability based on future demands
With a burgeoning client base and an increasingly mobile workforce, Synergy Group needed to transition their IT from the ‘dark ages’. Remote staff needed always-on connectivity to project files and the ability to collaborate with peers.
By transitioning to Office 365 they realised:
- A highly collaborative environment through a customised SharePoint installation
- Secure document storage and management with OneDrive for Business
- Standardised operating environment and document templates
- Ability to work offline with Office 2013 available both online and installed